<iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-WCK3FXN" height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden" title="gtm-frame"></iframe>Van Insurance FAQs | Trade Direct Insurance
Need a hand? Get expert support on your cover from a real human
0800 0280 380 or

Van insurance FAQs

Questions and answers that relate to van insurance, including what it is designed to cover, levels of cover that are available, where insurance applies to and information about No Claim Discounts. This information is provided as a guide only, and if you have any doubts or questions, you can give our expert team a ring on 0800 0280 380.

  • What does van insurance cover?

    A comprehensive policy will cover damage to you and your vehicle, damage to third parties, third party vehicles and third-party property, fire and theft.

    Read more about van insurance

  • Is van insurance required by law?

    You’re only required by law to have Third Party insurance.

    Read more about van insurance and the law

  • What is Legal Expenses insurance?

    We work in partnership with a motor legal expenses insurer to provide you with comprehensive legal expenses insurance and manage your fleet insurance claims.

    Read more about legal expenses insurance

  • What is the difference between a courtesy vehicle and a replacement vehicle?

    A courtesy vehicle is one that will keep you on the road while your van is repaired. A replacement vehicle is one that is similar to yours.

    Read more about courtesy and replacement vehicle cover

  • What is 24/7 Tools insurance?

    24/7 Tools insurance is an optional extra you can add to your van insurance policy.

    Read more about 24/7 tools insurance

  • Does van insurance cover tools?

    If you use tools as part of your work, you might want to be sure they are covered by insurance in case they are stolen, damaged, or lost. But what happens if your tools go missing from your vehicle? Will van insurance cover the loss?

    Read more about van insurance and tools cover

  • I don't use my van for commercial purposes, can I still insure it through you?

    Yes, if your van is for private use, we can insure it.

    Read more about insuring a van for domestic use

  • What types of commercial vehicles are covered by your Van insurance?

    We can provide cover for small vans, transits and vehicles weighing up to 3.5 tonnes.

    Read more about which types of commercial vehicles are covered by van insurance

  • Do you offer a No Claim Discount on van insurance?

    There are many factors taken into consideration when rating fleet insurance such as the cost and frequency of claims.

    Read more about No Claims Discount

  • Do you insure vans registered in Northern Ireland?

    No, we don’t currently insure vans registered in Northern Ireland.

    Read more about insuring vans registered in Northern Ireland

  • Do you insure vans registered in the Channel Islands?

    Yes, we insure vans registered in the Channel Islands.

    Read more about insuring vans registered in the Channel Islands

  • How can I pay for my policy?

    We currently offer two ways of paying for your van policy.

    Read more about paying for your van policy

  • How do I get my documents?

    Your insurance documents will be posted to you the next business day.

    Read more about accessing your van insurance documents

  • Can I manage my policy online?

    No. You will need to contact our team to make changes to your insurance policy.

    Read more about managing your van policy online

  • How do I notify you of a claim?

    We know how stressful making a claim can be, so we have a comprehensive list of all claims contact numbers on our making a claim page.

    Read more about notifying us of a van claim

Any more questions?

If you have a question that's not answered here, please give us a call.

Call us on 0800 0280 380

Full details of our Terms & Conditions, Limits, Excesses and Policy Exclusions can be found in our policy wordings. These guides refer to our Tradesman's Insurance policy. Trade Direct do not offer advice relating to insurance, and you need to ensure that insurance you choose meets your demands and needs.

Popular products

Trade Direct Insurance Services Limited (company number 1580129). Registered office Mill Pool House, Mill Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1EY. Trade Direct Insurance Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), firm registration number 307734. You can check this by visiting the FCA website at www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768

© Trade Direct Insurance Services Ltd; All Rights Reserved.