What is professional indemnity insurance?
Professional indemnity insurance is designed to cover your legal costs if you find yourself the subject of litigious action – resulting from advice or guidance you’ve given in your professional capacity. If you’re a contractor, you could also do design work. If a client feels you’ve provided them with substandard advice, products or services that caused them to lose money, you may end up facing legal action. When this happens, they could claim for negligence or breach of professional duty. Professional Indemnity insurance is there to protect you.
What do we cover?
- Heating and Ventilation professionals who install and service heating systems
- Professional tradespeople including Builders and Electricians
- Commercial Refurbishment specialists and Shop Fitters
- Refrigeration and air-conditioning (RAC) engineers
- Professions that give advice as part of their service
- Profession specific cover – designed to suit your business and industry
- Access to specialist claims staff trained to guide you through the claims procedure
- Covers your business’s legal expenses and compensation costs
- Access to a panel of insurers to find the cover that best suits your professional needs