What is employers' liability cover?
As an employer you are legally responsible for the health and safety of your staff while they are at work. If a person who works for you becomes ill or is injured while working for you, you could be held liable. If you employ staff it is a legal requirement to have employers’ liability cover.
Our employers’ liability policy is provided by Zurich Ltd, and is designed to cover your legal and compensation expenses from employee claims. It includes (subject to policy terms and conditions):
- Claimant’s costs and expenses
- The cost of defending claims for damages
- Representation at a Coroner’s Inquest
- Unsatisfied court judgements
- Court attendance expenses