What is self-build insurance?
A growing number of people in the UK are opting for custom designed, unique homes instead of pre-built designs. Whether you already have a plot or you’re at the dreaming stage, insurance is likely to feature in your planning and costs. It may not be the most exciting part of your project, but getting your insurance right should mean that you have one less thing to worry about.
Get a quote through SelfBuild Insurance, a sister company of Trade Direct Insurance. Our SelfBuild Insurance policy is backed by Zurich – one of the biggest names in insurance.
- Public Liability up to £5 million to protect you in case of public injury on your self-build site
- Employers’ Liability up to £10 million as standard
- Contract Works up to £1 million to cover the cost of replacing or repairing the structure being built
- Cover for materials, hired-in and owned plant
- Structural Warranty available to cover your finished property for 10 years
What do we cover?
SelfBuild insurance is just one of the products designed to protect your project. SelfBuild insurance also offers:
- Site liability to cover your plot until work starts
- Home insurance for your finished property
- Structural Warranty to protect you, and future owners of your house in case of defective design, workmanship or materials
Related content and insurances
Self-build insurance FAQs
Got a specific question on self-build insurance? Find out everything you need to know, including what it's designed for, the levels of cover, plus much more.
Public liability insurance
Public liability insurance is designed to protect you and your business against claims from customers or members of the public.
Tools are your livelihood, that's why we offer standalone cover just for your tools. Also a great addition to any existing policy, with tools insurance you can extend your cover up to £15,000.