<iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-WCK3FXN" height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden" title="gtm-frame"></iframe>Aerial erectors and liability insurance | Trade Direct Insurance
Need a hand? Get expert support on your cover from a real human
0800 0280 380 or

Why do aerial erectors need liability insurance?

If you install aerials for a living, you’ll know the job carries certain risks that can affect not just you, but employees and other people around you. Therefore, having some form of insurance can be a requirement for your business, and your peace of mind.

Is it a legal requirement to have aerial erectors liability insurance?

In some situations, it is a legal requirement to be insured. However, it can also be a contractual requirement that you have insurance in order to work for certain types of clients.

Types of insurance an aerial erector needs

Employers’ liability insurance

Employers’ liability insurance protects your business if an employee is injured or taken ill while working for you, and they hold you responsible.

It is a legal requirement to have employers’ liability if you employ anyone. This includes part-timers, trainees and apprentices, some types of contractors, and even admin staff. It also applies if you only have a single employee.

Public liability insurance

Public liability insurance protects you and your business in the event something you do causes injury to a third party or damage to their property.

These types of claims are common. They can originate as a result of a range of incidents: from minor accidents (like someone tripping over stray equipment) to life-altering injuries. If you’re found to be responsible, you could face an order to pay damages of many thousands of pounds.

If you can’t pay a court order for damages and compensation, your assets and business could be at risk.

Many large organisations will insist you have public liability insurance before agreeing to let you work on a project for them. The same can also be true of smaller private clients.

You may also be expected to provide evidence of being insured if you want to be a member of a trade organisation.

Do I need any other types of insurance?

You should always consider insurance for your tools. If they are lost or stolen, you will need to replace them as quickly as possible, otherwise you may not be able to meet your agreed contractual obligations with clients.

If you give any kind of professional advice as part of your work, you should also consider getting professional indemnity insurance. This safeguards against the repercussions of advice you provide which turns out to be negligent, resulting in a loss for the client.

Popular products

Trade Direct Insurance Services Limited (company number 1580129). Registered office Mill Pool House, Mill Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1EY. Trade Direct Insurance Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), firm registration number 307734. You can check this by visiting the FCA website at www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768

© Trade Direct Insurance Services Ltd; All Rights Reserved.