We’re all looking forward to the Covid-19 pandemic ending, but there will be a period of time where we will need to work whilst remaining vigilant about how we work on site. Social distancing measures are likely to be in place for some time.
In countries which are coming out of lockdown, tradesmen are starting to return to customer sites. How do you stay safe and reassure your customers that you can work safely in their premises?
- Check with your customer before you arrive on-site whether they have extremely vulnerable people in their household. They might ask you to delay your work or be out of the room you are working in.
- Ask your customer if anyone in their household has Covid-19 symptoms or is self-isolating. If the work isn’t an emergency call-out, you might want to reschedule until after any period of self-isolation.
- Ensure you have your own supply of soap, anti-bac wipes and spray. Cleaning all surfaces you’ve touched including door handles, shows care for yourself and your customer.
- Create a “How we’re working” guide for customers to reassure them that you’re still thinking about their well-being after lockdown.
- Observe the latest guidance on social distancing while you work. You might want to ask you customer to be out of the room you are working in if it isn’t possible to maintain.