Need a hand? Get expert support on your cover from a real human

or call now on 0800 0280 380

Let us know who you are, and we'll call you back

Public liability insurance for

Heating Engineers

Get a Quote

Varied cover more than you would expect. Great. Easy to navigate web site. Quote was quick and all relevant needs covered

Peter George
Feefo Gold Trusted Service Award 2019

Your cover options


Our heating engineers Essentials package includes Public Liability insurance and cover for Financial Loss.

  • Public Liability insurance up to £5 million
  • Employers' Liability insurance £10 million
  • Financial Loss £100,000


Our Classic package builds on the Essentials by offering Professional Indemnity cover as well as Accidental Death and Tools cover.

  • Public Liability insurance up to £5 million
  • Employers' Liability insurance £10 million
  • Professional Indemnity cover £100,000
  • Financial Loss cover £100,000
  • Accidental Death cover
  • First £1,000 of Tools cover (can be increased to £15,000)


Our most popular option, the Plus package builds on the Classic by further adding Personal Accident cover, which can be increased based on your needs.

  • Public Liability insurance up to £5 million
  • Employers' Liability insurance £10 million
  • Professional Indemnity cover £100,000
  • Financial Loss cover £100,000
  • Accidental Death cover
  • First £1,000 of Tools cover (can be increased to £15,000)
  • Personal Accident cover up to £600 a week per person


Looking for extra insurances for your work? We have a list of optional extras to give you the cover you need: 

  • Contract Works
  • Owned Plant
  • Hired in Plant
  • Jury Service cover
Heating engineer in safety glasses testing boiler

Why do you need insurance for heating & gas engineers?

You and your company may be financially liable for the result of accidents caused by you, your company or a contractor, either on your site or elsewhere. Public liability claims can be very expensive, which could have a major impact on you and your business. As well as giving you peace of mind to get on with your job, many companies and trade associations require evidence of public liability insurance.

Engineer kneeling to check radiator

Gas engineer public liability insurance

Our heating and gas engineers’ public liability insurance offers you limits of £1 million, £2 million and £5 million cover against liability claims made against you by members of the public. We’ve developed a unique combined liability insurance policy with Zurich Insurance – giving you the comfort of having backing from one of the biggest names in the insurance world.

Get a Quote

Heating engineer checking boiler

Who do we cover?

  • Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships
  • Heating and gas engineers who work on domestic and commercial properties
  • Individuals and small to medium sized businesses specialising in installation or maintenance work
  • Businesses with turnover of up to £3 million

Flexible cover

If you have others working for you on a permanent or temporary basis, it is a legal requirement to have employers’ liability insurance. £10 million of cover is included as standard with your policy to provide cover in the event that an employee is injured or has an accident at work due to your negligence.

With classic and plus cover, our tradesmen insurance for self-employed heating and gas engineers includes £1,000 of all risks Tools insurance. Your tools are covered 24 hours a day, and this cover protects you in the event that they are stolen from a locked vehicle or damaged anywhere in the UK.

Professional Indemnity insurance of £100,000 is also included as standard with our classic and plus cover.

Optional extras

To enhance the security offered by your policy, jury service cover is available. This is designed to provide the policyholder with a daily income of £250 for the first 10 days and £50 per day thereafter, while they are performing jury service.

If you choose our plus cover personal accident insurance is included, which provides a weekly income if you are unable to work as a result of an accident at work.

Cover for bigger businesses

We provide heating and gas engineers’ liability insurance online for businesses with an annual turnover up to £3 million and up to 15 manual employees. If your business is bigger than this, please ring our UK based team on 0800 0280 380 for a quote, or find other ways to contact us via our Contact Us page.

Property types

We offer cover for work at different property types:

  • Domestic only – Cover for private dwellings only
  • Domestic & Light Commercial – Cover for private dwellings, shops, offices, public houses, guest houses, hotels, schools, restaurants and takeaways
  • Commercial excluding hazardous locations – Cover for all types of property except work in or on railways, railway installations, watercraft, blast furnaces, chimney shafts, collieries, dams, gas works, mines, power stations, steeples, towers, tunnels, bridges, viaducts, canals, docks, piers, wharves, quarries, chemical works, oil refineries or fuel depots, work in or on aircraft, work in or on airport or aerodrome runways manoeuvring areas or aprons, or those parts of airports or aerodromes to which aircraft have access

Insurances you may be interested in

Tradesman with drill

Tools Insurance

Tools are your livelihood, that's why we offer standalone cover just for your tools. Also a great addition to any existing policy, with tools insurance you can extend your cover up to £15,000. 

Discover more
Tradesmen stood by van

Van Insurance

Get covered with comprehensive, third party only or third party fire & theft van insurance. Check out our cover options, features and benefits. 

Discover more
Tradesman injured bottom of ladder

Personal Accident & Sickness Cover

When you're not working, you're not earning. So what happens when you can't work due to sickness or an injury? That's where Personal accident & sickness cover helps.

Discover more