<iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-WCK3FXN" height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden" title="gtm-frame"></iframe>Why refrigeration engineer insurance? | Trade Direct Insurance
Need a hand? Get expert support on your cover from a real human
0800 0280 380 or

Why do you need refrigeration engineer insurance?

If you work as a refrigeration engineer, you need to make sure your business is set up professionally, particularly if you want to win good contracts. One aspect of this approach is to make sure you have proper refrigeration engineer insurance in place.

What is refrigeration engineer insurance?

Your refrigeration engineer insurance should include consideration for several types of cover. These include:

  • public liability insurance
  • employers’ liability insurance
  • professional indemnity insurance
  • insurance for your tools
  • accidental death cover.

There may be additional types of insurance you need for your circumstances. If you’re not sure, ask a reliable insurance company about this.

Why do I need public liability insurance?

Public liability claims are one of the most common types of claims and can often amount to thousands of pounds.

These claims are made by third parties or members of the public for damage or injuries for which you may be held liable. For example, if someone got hurt or there was a fire at a property as a result of your faulty engineering, your insurance will cover you.

You may find that it is a contractual requirement to have public liability insurance when working with large companies or public organisations. Your trade body or professional membership may also require that you are insured.

If a claim is made against you and you can’t pay, because you don’t have insurance, your business and assets may be at risk.

Why do I need employers’ liability insurance?

It is a legal requirement to have employers’ liability insurance of at least £5 million if you employ anyone. This includes part-time staff, trainees, and certain sub-contractors you work with.

If you’re in any doubt, check with your insurance company. You can be fined £2,500 for each day you don’t have it.

Why do I need professional indemnity insurance?

Professional indemnity insurance relates to advice and guidance you provide as part of your work.

For example, if you offer advice about design or specifications which turns out to be wrong and causes a financial loss for the client, professional indemnity insurance will cover the costs if the client chooses to sue you.

Why do I need to insure my tools?

You may have acquired your tools over many years. Without them, you probably can’t do your job. Replacing them all at once if they were stolen could be very expensive. Insurance for your tools will allow you to replace them quickly and get back to work.

Why do I need accidental death cover?

Accidental death cover provides a payment to your next of kin if you should die because of an accident. It’s important to note that this relates to accidents at work, not death resulting from an illness.


Popular products

Trade Direct Insurance Services Limited (company number 1580129). Registered office Mill Pool House, Mill Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1EY. Trade Direct Insurance Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), firm registration number 307734. You can check this by visiting the FCA website at www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768

© Trade Direct Insurance Services Ltd; All Rights Reserved.