<iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-WCK3FXN" height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden" title="gtm-frame"></iframe>Electricians insurance FAQs | Trade Direct Insurance
Need a hand? Get expert support on your cover from a real human
0800 0280 380 or

Electricians insurance FAQs

Questions and answers that relate to electricians insurance, including what it is designed to cover, levels of cover that are available, where insurance applies, and information about No Claims Discounts. This information is supplied as a guide only and, if you have any questions or doubts, give our experts a call on 0800 0280 380.

  • What insurance do I need as an electrician in the UK?

    If you work as an electrician, you’ll be aware of the need for compliance and appropriate health and safety measures. As the profession comes with an element of risk, it’s also important to ensure your business is set up with proper protection in place, including insurance.

    Read more about insurance for electricians

  • How much is public liability insurance for electricians?

    As an electrician, you are probably aware of how important it is for your business to have public liability insurance. But you’re probably also keen to make sure you get a competitive rate for your insurance premium.

    Read more about the cost of public liability insurance for electricians

  • What insurance does a self-employed electrician need?

    When you work as an electrician, there are some inherent risks. That makes it particularly important to have the right insurance in place. However, it is not always easy to know what you need or why.

    Read more about insurance for self-employed electricians

  • What insurance do I need as a sole trader electrician?

    If you’re working as an electrician, you probably already know that you need insurance but what insurance do you need as a sole trader electrician? In this post, we take a closer look.

    Read more about insurance for sole trader electricians

  • What does electrician insurance cover?

    If you are an electrician who works as a self-employed sole trader or small business, you should consider which insurance you might need. With a range of insurance products available, it is important to understand what you need before you buy.

    Read more about what electrician insurance covers

  • What insurance does an electrician need?

    If you are an electrician, you need to consider insurance covers. It’s therefore helpful to be aware of the different levels and types of insurance available.

    Find out more about what insurance an eletcrician needs

  • How much does electricians’ insurance cost?

    Insurance is an essential consideration for an electrician’s business. Understanding how much a premium will be is therefore an important part of managing overall business costs.

    Find out more about how much eletcricians' insurance cost

  • What is public liability insurance for electricians?

    If you are an electrician, you will be aware that you need proper insurance. However, you may also have heard about different types of insurance for electricians. This can be confusing, but it’s important to know what they are and why you need them.

    Read more about public liability insurance for electricians

  • Do I need public liability insurance as an electrician?

    When you work as an electrician you always need to consider which insurances your business needs. However, you may have heard that some types of insurance are a legal requirement, and some aren’t.

    Read more about why eletcricians need public liability insurance

Any more questions?

If you have a question that's not answered here, please call on 0800 0280 230

Get a quote

Full details of our Terms & Conditions, Limits, Excesses and Policy Exclusions can be found in our policy wordings. These guides refer to our Tradesman's Insurance policy. Trade Direct do not offer advice relating to insurance, and you need to ensure that insurance you choose meets your demands and needs.

Popular products

Trade Direct Insurance Services Limited (company number 1580129). Registered office Mill Pool House, Mill Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1EY. Trade Direct Insurance Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), firm registration number 307734. You can check this by visiting the FCA website at www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768

© Trade Direct Insurance Services Ltd; All Rights Reserved.