<iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-WCK3FXN" height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden" title="gtm-frame"></iframe>Construction insurance FAQs | Trade Direct Insurance
Need a hand? Get expert support on your cover from a real human
0800 0280 380 or

Construction insurance FAQs

Questions and answers that relate to construction insurance. This information is supplied as a guide only and, if you have any questions or doubts, give our experts a call on 0800 0280 380.

  • What insurance is compulsory in the UK?

    If you work in the construction industry, you probably know that you need insurance. However, it can be challenging to understand what types of insurance you must have, and which are optional.

    Read more about compulsory insurances in the UK

  • What construction insurance do I need if I am self-employed?

    If you work in the construction industry, you will need to consider which insurances you want even if you are self-employed or a sole trader. It’s important to get the right kind of insurance for your circumstances, which means understanding the available options.

    Read more about construction insurances you need if you are self-employed

  • What insurance does a UK contractor need?

    If you work in the construction industry as a contractor, it’s important to make sure you have the right insurance. This FAQ explains what you need to know about the insurance a UK-based contractor will need to operate correctly.

    Read more about insurances needed by UK contractors

Any more questions?

If you have a question that's not answered here, please call on 0800 0280 230

Get a quote

Full details of our Terms & Conditions, Limits, Excesses and Policy Exclusions can be found in our policy wordings. These guides refer to our Tradesman's Insurance policy. Trade Direct do not offer advice relating to insurance, and you need to ensure that insurance you choose meets your demands and needs.

Popular products

Trade Direct Insurance Services Limited (company number 1580129). Registered office Mill Pool House, Mill Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1EY. Trade Direct Insurance Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), firm registration number 307734. You can check this by visiting the FCA website at www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768

© Trade Direct Insurance Services Ltd; All Rights Reserved.