<iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-WCK3FXN" height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden" title="gtm-frame"></iframe>Aerial & satellite dish installer insurance | Trade Direct Insurance
Need a hand? Get expert support on your cover from a real human
0800 0280 380 or

What is aerial and satellite dish installer insurance?

Whether you’re an established aerial and satellite dish installer, or thinking of setting up a new business, it’s important for your business to be fully compliant. This means getting the right insurance.

What does aerial and satellite dish installer insurance include?

What is included in aerial and satellite installer insurance may vary between insurance companies.

That means it’s always important to check what is included when you get a quote or policy.

As a rule of thumb, you will normally want to consider whether your cover includes:

  • public liability insurance
  • employers’ liability insurance
  • professional indemnity insurance
  • insurance for your tools

What is public liability insurance for aerial and satellite dish installers?

Public liability insurance is designed to provide a safeguard for you and your business if you cause damage to a third party’s property or they are injured due to your work.

These types of claims are common. Even if you are careful, it’s relatively easy to cause accidental damage to a roof or harm to a passerby if something is dropped from a height onto them.

It’s not a legal requirement to have this kind of insurance, but you may find some clients insist you have it as a term of your contract with them.

If you are sued and don’t have insurance, you must pay the damages, compensation, and legal fees. if you can’t pay, your business could be at risk.

What is employers’ liability insurance and do I need it?

Employers’ liability insurance covers you if one of your employees is injured or taken ill as a result of working for you.

You are legally required to have employers’ liability insurance if you have any employees, including part-time staff, clerical or admin staff, and trainees.

If you don’t have employers’ liability insurance when required, you can be fined.

What is professional indemnity insurance?

Professional indemnity insurance covers you in respect of any professional advice you give. This might be about the equipment and materials needed for a project, or the actual design of the installation.

If the advice you provide is negligent, and it results in a financial loss for the client, your professional indemnity insurance will cover the costs if the client chooses to sue you for damages and compensation.

Do I really need to insure my tools?

It’s important to have insurance for your tools if you rely on them to do your job.

Replacing tools can be an expensive and challenging undertaking, especially if you’ve spent years slowly amassing your tools collection. If you have insurance, it means they can be replaced quickly if they are lost or stolen, allowing you to get back to work

What other insurance do I need?

This will depend on you and your circumstances. The best thing to do is to speak to an insurance company that has experience of providing cover for a range of tradespeople. They will help you decide what additional cover may be needed.

Popular products

Trade Direct Insurance Services Limited (company number 1580129). Registered office Mill Pool House, Mill Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1EY. Trade Direct Insurance Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), firm registration number 307734. You can check this by visiting the FCA website at www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768

© Trade Direct Insurance Services Ltd; All Rights Reserved.