<iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-WCK3FXN" height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden" title="gtm-frame"></iframe>Is aerial and dish installer cover needed? | Trade Direct Insurance
Need a hand? Get expert support on your cover from a real human
0800 0280 380 or

Do I need aerial and satellite dish installer insurance?

Working as an aerial and satellite dish installer can present risks to you, your employees, and members of the public. Therefore, understanding what aerial and satellite dish installer insurance is, and what types of insurance you must have, is important.

Is aerial and satellite dish installer insurance a legal requirement?

In some situations, it is. If you have any employees, you are legally required to have employers’ liability insurance. This protects you and your business should an employee be injured (or become ill) as a result of working for you.

You must have employers’ liability insurance in respect of all employees, trainees and apprentices, some contractors, and even clerical staff. If you don’t, you can be fined up to £2,500 a day.

Other types of necessary cover

Public liability insurance safeguards you and your business should something you do cause injury or illness to a third party, or damage to property.

If you work for large organisations, you may find they insist you have public liability cover as part of your contract. Even smaller clients and private clients may expect you to have it, as will any professional association you want to be a member of.

Why is public liability insurance important?

Public liability claims are not only common; they can result in large awards for compensation and damages.

If you are found to be at fault when someone is injured and must take time off work, you could face an order to pay thousands of pounds in medical treatment costs, lost wages, and legal fees. And if you can’t pay, your business and assets could be at risk.

Do I need any additional forms of insurance?

You should always consider insurance for your tools. If these are lost or stolen and you can’t work, it can have a serious impact on cashflow, as well as your reputation. With insurance, you can quickly replace your tools and get back to work.

Depending on the nature of your work, you should also consider professional indemnity insurance. This safeguards any professional advice you give as part of your work.

If the advice turns out to be negligent, resulting in a financial loss for the client, you will be covered if the client subsequently chooses to sue you.

Popular products

Trade Direct Insurance Services Limited (company number 1580129). Registered office Mill Pool House, Mill Lane, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1EY. Trade Direct Insurance Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), firm registration number 307734. You can check this by visiting the FCA website at www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768

© Trade Direct Insurance Services Ltd; All Rights Reserved.