We’re experiencing problems with our phone system which should hopefully be rectified shortly but in the meantime you can email us at enquiries@tradedirectinsurance.co.uk. Thank you!

Painters and Decorators Liability Insurance

Painters and Decorators Liability Insurance
The only painters and decorators insurance you need

While public liability insurance isn’t a legal requirement for painters and decorators, many choose to obtain cover because of the security and protection it offers their business.

Key Benefits

  • Unbeatable cover and price
  • Quick quote in 60 seconds
  • Immediate cover with no paperwork to complete
  • Introductory discount of up to 15%
  • £1,000 tools cover FREE of charge and 24 hour cover!
  • Over 40,000 customers have chosen Trade Direct
  • Quick, safe and secure buying process
  • Optional extensions including Employers Liability, Stock, Contract Works, Owned Plant and Hire-in Plant
  • Free Temporary Employee cover where Employers Liability included

Whether you’re a self-employed one-man band or you have a team of employees or sub-contractors working for you, Trade Direct can provide you with the decorators insurance cover you need. We specialise in providing insurance policies to tradespeople, so we understand your situation and requirements.

What you get with our public liability insurance for painters and decorators

Our policies can be tailored to suit your business. Our public liability insurance for painters and decorators starts at £1million indemnity cover, but this can be set as high as £5million. This protects you and your business from any legal liability that may arise as a result of an accident involving a member of the public.

Our policies can also offer you additional protection by including, at no extra cost, £1,000 worth of cover for your tools to safeguard you against theft or damage wherever you are in the UK, 24 hours a day. On top of this we include professional indemnity insurance of £50,000.

Optional extras for painters and decorators liability insurance

If you have people working for you then we can also arrange employers liability insurance as part of your cover for up to 15 permanent or temporary workers.

But it’s not just injuries or loss to other people that you should consider insurance cover for. We can provide you with personal accident insurance as part of your painters and decorators insurance, which provides you with an income in the event that you are unable to work for a period following an accident.

Fast decorators insurance quotes with immediate cover

With over 25 years experience, we are one of the UK’s leading providers of public and employers liability insurance to sole traders and SMEs in the UK. To join our 40,000 satisfied customers, simply use our website to get a free decorators insurance quote online, or call our team direct on 08000 280 380 to discuss your public liability insurance for painters and decorators.

My Trade Direct - Information

If you have already activated your account or previously purchased a policy online you can use your account details to sign in and access your policy documentation and progress saved quotes.

If you have received a letter from us informing you that your documentation is now available online, please select activate my account and follow the instructions, you will need your unique account activation reference number, which is on your letter, in order to complete the process.

sign in     |    activate my account

My Trade Direct

Policy Information

Public Liability FAQ

Professional Indemnity FAQ

Turnover above £1.5m or manual workforce over 15 employees?

Please call our dedicated team
for a personal service on
08000 280 380